8.07.2010

All This Noise...

This week I attended the Noise in Physical Systems Summer School on Harvesting Energy on a Micro and Nano Scale. The school consisted of about five days of lectures paired with a two day workshop in which students and researchers presented their work and asked for feedback.
The facilities at the Summer School were horrendous. I'm not sure how I survived. 

On Friday we took a trip to nearby Orvieto and Todi. In Orvieto we descended into St. Patrick's well...

St. Patrick's Well in Orvieto

The Duomo at Orvieto
Photogenic Four-legged Friends
The View from Todi
Tomorrow I am heading to Rome and then back to the United States on Monday. Tuesday to Thursday is my debriefing in Gainesville, Florida, the paper for which is… still in the works, to put it lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment