7.07.2010

This Dress

I found this amazing dress in a shop called Forma. I am going to try to save 
wearing it out until we go to Paris next weekend, but we'll see if I can actually last that long.
BCBG shoes, Anthropologie belt, mom's vintage cuff, Carlah dress
 
The designer's name is Carlah, which of course I can't find anything about online. I think that the proportions of the dress are just so great. This is definitely the most mature piece of clothing I have ever owned - its purpose is not to be sexy, but instead to be both beautiful and interesting. I think that I would rather be the latter as a person, too, so it's nice to have a dress that reflects those sentiments. That ring you see was given to me as a parting gift by this really old, cryptic Libyan man who hung out with one of our flat-mates all the time. He didn't speak a word of English. The ring is way too big for me but I still think that it's super cool if not only for how I got it. Also, last night when we went out our friend Nate Yontararak serenaded us at a local bar. Nate is from Thailand but studying piano in Italy in order to avoid having to go through with this required military service. He was incredible.
Okay well I've got to go. Apparently Kane is forcing me to watch
 Top Gun because I've never seen it before... sigh.

1 comment:

  1. thats a great photo of nate! Did you like Loop Bar? It's one of my favourite places to go :)

    Dress is stunning, wish I was going to Paris in a pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete