12.14.2011

Winter break project

Over the summer I was on the hunt for a classic trench coat. I purchased a long, camel trench off Ebay on the cheap, completely head over heels with the silk fox-hunt lining. Unfortunately, when it arrived I found it fit me more like an ex-murderer/grandpa than a fashionable 20-something. Both the trench coat and I were upset - we thought we were meant to be. As a consequence, the trenchcoat spent the past semester tucked away in my closet as I tried to decide what I should do with it. 

The solution came when, earlier this week, my cape from Romwe arrived. I was - and continue to be - thrilled about my cape and have been procrastinating by playing dress-up all week. However - I did come to realize that, despite its outer beauty, it lacked personality. So, what did we come up with? 

That's right - transferring the lining of my trench coat onto the lining of my cape - Done!
The inner lining of the cape was originally an purple-ish brown color that didn't mesh all that well.
I think that replacing the lining with some richer tones has really brought out the camel color of the cape.

So far I've just separated the lining of the trenchcoat from the trench itself, but when I get home I can 
suture the new lining in. I am so excited! I think that the final product is going to look great. 



Yay for ingenuity! 

On a different note, I've been trouncing around 
Romwe/Asos/BCBG/VenaCava and these styles are driving me wild...
Hearty BCBG tote? Dibs. 

Ahh ASOS Black label is so awesomee

I'm sorry how cool are these leggings? Must... have...
Vena Cava dress on Gilt.com... Mmm

Alright welll I guess I should probably start packing for my flight that 
leaves in six hours. Haven't slept much so I apologize for the loopiness. 

Au revoir!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment